2017 is my year. For the first time ever, my heart skips a beat whenever I say the year “2017”. I feel like I am finally home. Let me put this way: It feels the same as when you first step out of your hotel balcony overlooking an amazing scenery.
This year, my goal is to be better mentally, emotionally, and physically. Every year, I mentally list what I plan on achieving. Some I accomplish, some not. That’s life. However, since I’ll be blogging this year, why not share them. My list might inspire you to create your own goals/achievements for 2017.
I will call this list my self-improvement plans for 2017 🙂
- Exercise Daily: I know, I know.. this is a common goal for probably half the population of the earth, buuuuuuut it is a legit goal. Why not? For me, I have a treadmill in my bedroom kicking at my conscious every single day. I bought it for a reason last year and I’m planning on honoring that. I will not set a goal weight. I will simply focus on improving my health and body. I know by time, routine will kick in and I’ll go back to slacking. This time, I am allowing my OCD skills to kick in and I’ll be setting a plan. I will watch my favorite shows while exercising. Thus, every time I step on the treadmill, I’ll be excited about the next episode instead of whining over being lazy. Furthermore, I will be walking and/or running on that treadmill for a maximum of 45 minutes. (If you’re smart enough, you’ll know that most show run between 20 to 40 minutes).
- Read 12 books: Each month, I will read one book. As simple as that. This year I’ll be focusing on self improvement books particularly in the business/entrepreneurial field.
- Daily Positives: At the end of each day, I will write down in my journal one positive thing that happened that day.
- Budget my Expenses: Truth be told that I can be a borderline splurge. I love makeup, clothes, food, coffee etc etc. Most importantly, I love spoiling the people who are dear to me with little treats. This year I plan to continue on doing all that but wisely.
- Visit a New Country: My dad is overprotective. However, I don’t know how or when or where yet but I will be visiting a new country this year.
- Closet Purge: Another brand new goal for me is to clean up my space. This month, I will be cleaning out all the clothes, shoes, and other “stuff” that I no longer use.
- Bucket-list: I’ll be listing down that “stuff” that I need to buy, accomplish, finish, gain, start, etc this year.
Well, so far, here is my self-improvement plan for this year. I will let you know by January 1, 2018 how it all went 🙂
Mini little tip: Buy a notebook. Create your own list and plan! Draw, doodle, list, anything!!! Just grab a pen and a notebook and write down what you want.