Well, as I’m starting off this blog post, it has no title. The reason is, I don’t want to sound like a motivational speaker. I am sharing what I think my road to success looks like to inspire whoever’s reading this blog post to come up with their own road to where ever they want to go!
We all want be something, reach somewhere, achieve happiness, reach euphoria, and make our lives worth it.
For me, I want to create something that inspires others and makes them smile and be happy. That’s my goal.
To get there, here is what I think I should be (or am!) doing.
- Believe: I know this sounds cliche but it is true. I truly think that believing (really really believing without any doubt), we will achieve what I want. I’ve tried it and it always works. The key here is to erase any sort of doubt, insecurity, or mockery of self.
- Help others: By doing that, I receive two positive results in return: One, good karma – nuff said – and two, the ability to pay it forward. This chain doesn’t end; trust me.
- It is okay to fail: Okay, I added this part to accentuate the fact that there is no such thing as failure. Sure, roadblocks will always be there but failure? No way! It is perfectly fine to cry and whine and feel insecure but after that, I have some cake (or any other comfort food) and move on.
- Learn and Read: I Learn from my mistakes and from others. In the past, it was hard for me to learn from my own mistakes but when I say how others looked like while going through the same mistakes I went through, that put my head together. That is good advise. Write that down 🙂
- Compare yourself to others: I mean, why not? I know all books and speakers always say do not compare yourself to others but I disagree. We are humans so we will always keep comparing ourselves to other’s successes and achievements. Always. Personally, I do it all the time but in a positive way. The only exception here is the physical comparison. I avoid it at all costs because I am a unicorn obsessed with dream catchers; that’s why 🙂 🙂
So here you go. This is how my road looks like. What does your look like?